Chris Williams & one of our beloved elders, who also happens to have a longtime career as a licensed psychologist and psychology professor, Milt Becknell, talk to us about the specific ins and out of depression, how it is diagnosed, and how to set the stage for recovery.
- How would you define the word “depression”?
- Read aloud Job 30:17-18, and 2 Corinthians 1:8-9. What words or phrases can you relate to the most? Why?
- Read aloud John 10:10 & Matthew 11:28. How do these words os Jesus bring you hope?
- Asa group, identify what each litter in S.I.G.E.C.A.P.S. stood for. Which word associated with potential depression stood out to you the most and why?
- What were the six “wise next steps” Dr. Becknell taught us? Which one would you like to consider focusing on over the next two weeks? How can we help you?
Sermon Locations and Times:
- Sundays Services are held at 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM at 2601 E Alex Bell Rd Dayton, OH 45459
- You can join us online on Facebook or Youtube at 11:00.
License for Music:
Fall Again (Instrumental) by Jonas Schmidt & henrikz https://soundcloud.com/jonasschmidtofficial
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/fall-again-instrumental
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/HEvxgHKCOUM