Pastor Matt Missler addresses the fact that many times people misuse scripture to support their pride and arrogance instead of allowing the Holy Spirit to hold it up as a mirror and change us. As we interact with God’s Holy word, let's approach it with humility and obedience, not using it as a lens to see other people through, but to see ourselves.
- When you read the Bible, what do you usually hope to get out of it? (inspiration, knowledge, direction, conviction…) Why?
- How do you feel if someone uses scripture to point out a weakness in your life? How does their relationship with you affect your response?
Pick a passage of scripture (ex: James 1) to read and/or discuss as an individual, with a family member or your community group. Before you read it pray:
- “God, how do you tan to shape me?”
- God, whatever you say, I’ll obey.”
- God, help me to see the way you see.”
- What do you need to do this week to humbly submit yourself to the scripture you just read?
Sermon Locations and Times:
- Sundays Services are held at 9:30 AM and 11:00 AM at 2601 E Alex Bell Rd Dayton, OH 45459
- You can join us online on Facebook or Youtube at 11:00.
License for Music:
Fall Again (Instrumental) by Jonas Schmidt & henrikz https://soundcloud.com/jonasschmidtofficial
Creative Commons — Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported — CC BY-SA 3.0
Free Download / Stream: https://bit.ly/fall-again-instrumental
Music promoted by Audio Library https://youtu.be/HEvxgHKCOUM