Andrew Quilpa: Had you actually read the email, you would know that the podcast you are about to listen to could contain explicit language and offensive content. These HR experts' views are not representative of their past, present or future employers. If you have ever heard my manager is unfair to me. I need you to reset my HR portal password, or Can I write up my employee for crying too much? Welcome to our little safe zone . Welcome to Jaded HR.
Warren: Welcome to Jaded HR, the podcast by two HR professionals who want to help you get through the workday by saying everything you're thinking, but say it out loud. I'm Warren.
Cee Cee: I'm Cece All right back again.
Warren: Yeah, so we were talking about your Snowmageddon and my lack of it last episode. Now my area is actually getting it. I was telling you before we started. You know it's actually snowing here in the coast of North Carolina because you've got the warm water of the Atlantic Ocean and where I live, the sound the Curry Tuck sound is like 200 yards. That way it's warm water so it like shields us from snow most of the time, but it's like I'm looking out the window right now I can see it in the light. It's really coming down. We're depending on which app you use or weather station you look at, you know it's somewhere between six and nine inches we're supposed to get. It was just like mind-blowing because we go years without anything and now we're actually gonna get some.
Cee Cee: My brother-in-law in norlean sent me a picture his son in the front yard and it looks like it's probably six inches there and oh my gosh, yeah, this, the snowstorm is crazy he was trying to contact one of our vendors today, just to connect with them, and I got an automatic reply back and he said, or it said, something along the lines of I'm not in the office today, I'm enjoying our first snow in New Orleans for like since for 17 years or something and I was like, good for you, enjoy exactly.
Warren: yeah, I don't think my nephew down there has ever seen snow. This might be his first time ever seeing snow, at least down there. Maybe he's traveled somewhere, but but I was telling you this is the snow I personally like, because most of the time in the south the snow we get is that wet, mushy, slushy stuff. Yeah, I can tell you when it would snow when my was little, my brother we'd come, we'd have a snowball fight and we'd be coming home all bloody as you pack a snowball and you're just throwing a chunk of ice at each other by the time you do that and yeah, there were some—we looked like we'd been through a real war after a couple of rounds of snowball fights out there. But yeah, but this is the light powdery stuff. You know my grandmother who, by the way, on last Wednesday, the 15th she turned 106 years old. She's doing okay, especially for being 106. Yeah, I called her. She didn't have a clue who I was, I don't think, but she was very sweet and very polite and I think she liked the attention of getting a phone call and things like that. But I'm named for her husband, my grandfather, and I am always worried that. You know my grandfather's been dead for quite a while and will she think I'm him? I just don't want. Oh, it's Warren. No, not that Warren. I'm always worried, since she's been sort of declining. But she was very happy, very polite. She didn't have a. Oh, I was worried, since she's been sort of declining.
Andrew Quilpa: But she was very happy, very polite. She didn't have a clue who I was.
Warren: Aw, yeah, yeah, but anyways, she lived in Montana up until very recently and this light powdery snow that sort of it's dry and powdery that reminds me of Montana snow and not, you know, north Carolina snow. So, anyways, having a lot of fun with that. So, yeah, we're snowmageddon, round two down here. We'll see, actually, as I'm speaking, how you get that little Microsoft alert in the corner four inches of snow expected in the next four hours, six inches of snow tonight, and it's two additional inches of snow before whatever. So, anyways, it popped off too quick before I could read it. But yeah, we're gonna. It's gonna be interesting. We'll see what.
Cee Cee: What we have here our snow is still on the ground, like it hasn't gotten above freezing, which is very not normal for us. So, like it's it's been, I feel like I live in South Park, the snow is just still there. Always there, always there. But we're going to go down to negative three tonight, so heat is on. I am bundled in an oversized hoodie. I'm like this is my vibe, just yeah.
Warren: Ready for it. So I'm now only coming into this room over at the garage to record. Now I'm doing everything else. I take my laptop downstairs. I even got a little lap desk thing, which is actually quite awesome, and I have a portable second screen monitor that, if I wanted to put on there, I could put on so I could do things from my desk. Oh yeah, so I'm only coming up here to record, where I can be in peace and quiet and things like that. So yeah, but I didn't have the heat on and so it's still working. I'm getting up here, so it'll kick in at some point, but, unlike previous recent episodes, I actually did homework. Yay, I typed up notes and I am prepared for podcasting today. So let's see if that makes any difference at all or not. So anyway. So I did a webinar this week and my wife actually did the same webinar. It was from a company that's known for their HRS and payroll systems. They have a three letter name, but I won't mention who they are . Anyways, I was doing the webinar and the opening keynote speaker. The opening keynote speaker was I've said it a number of times before before I have a disdain for keynotes. I I see many of them. And this one was the same as it's. It's your stereotypical hallmark or lifetime movie. You, you, you take a tragedy, you put a setting in whatever setting it's in, and then what they did to overcome it, including writing a book don't forget writing the book. And then how they, how they overcame that, that problem. And this person, she had a horrible tragedy go on in her life, but it was, it was formulaic, keynote speaker and after like 15 minutes, and in that 15 minutes, 10 mentions of her book, I muted it. I was like done, I'll just mute it, I'll work on the side. My wife, my wife listened to it and you know we compared notes afterwards and she really liked it. And she liked the lady's story and it really related. Well, she liked the story. It was a sad, tragic story and things. But I said, well, you liked the story, but what did you get out of it? Was there substance, any level of substance that you're going to get out and say you know that you're better for and you know we're listening to that for an hour? And she said, well, no, but it was a really nice, compelling story. I'm like, yeah, but I don't. You know, I can watch TV. If I want a nice story, I don't wanna be in a seminar to hear that same story. And you know, okay, here's another thing going off my notes here. So all these keynote speakers and their books that they're hawking on there Once upon a time somebody got my wife into. My wife likes self-help books. I despise them.
Cee Cee: I love them too.
Warren: You like them too, okay.
Cee Cee: Well, professional development like books. I love professional development books.
Warren: Well, our former next door neighbor and my wife were talking about these self-help books and everything and he recommended one to her and then he ended up just bringing it by and giving it to her. Recommended one to her and then he ended up just bringing it by and giving it to her. And I've noticed this on the only well, not the only, but a few of the keynote speakers when I've actually seen their books in person. They're self-published and that's a huge red flag to me. If it's self-published, I could write a, I could self-publish a book tomorrow, just transcribe all the episodes and make a. Well, this was a physical book but it was like my wife could not get past the first chapter of it because the grammar there was no editing, it was like grammar error, central and things like that. And I see that for a lot of these you know self-help and keynote speaker types because the the market is so flooded with that and I think that's probably one of the only. Now you do make more money. I understand on the self-publishing, but anyways, but like I said, I couldn't do it, I just muted her. It's like you have to be on for a long time to get your credit, not that I really need it, but I just went on and moved it. But it did remind me of a story from a friend of mine. But it did remind me of a story from mine. He is the practice administrator of a sizable one at large, not nationwide or anything but a medical office, and he was telling me you know when and what got me thinking this is, you know, style of or substance is he? He tells me the story you know about all these medical reps who come in and he said A, they're all always female. B, they're all always like tens and they're dressed to like inexpensive outfits that are, you know, a little bit provocative. Now, my friend is not going to be persuaded by those female provocative outfits, but he said they're like trained monkeys, their only purpose is to be persuaded by those female provocative outfits. But he sits there and says they're like trained monkeys, their only purpose is to be eye candy and they can only do the talking points of what they were spoon fed. And he says he asked them, they're all like every single one was like a former college cheerleader and things like that . This is like what you go into when you, after you're finished with cheerleading and things like that, what you go into when you, after you're finished with cheerleading and and things like that. But, and you know, some of the doctors he says are very smitten by some of these sales reps. But he just says it's now. He says he loves some of the styles these ladies are wearing and their stuff. But it's just, it's just, it's just funny, the the style over substance type stuff.
Cee Cee: Our friend is a pharmaceutical rep and he's the only guy and he always makes jokes that he's aging out because he's turning 50.
Warren: So he's like oh man, I'm aging out of this industry. That's what it seems like, according to my friend. I don't, I don't know anybody who's done pharmaceutical sales and things like that, but yeah, style over substance. So, anyways, well, this is our second episode of 2025. Yes, the last week I've been reading all sorts of articles on hr trends in 2025 and they're almost all cookie cutter articles. Oh man, sherms article, whether it's I I can't think where else I've read these articles on but you know, I'm I'm honestly reading these articles because I , I want to get something. I'm an hr nerd. I, yeah, I want'm honestly reading these articles because I want to get something. I'm an HR nerd. I want to stay on top of things . I want to see, oh, what's coming down the pipeline. But almost all of them were cookie cutter to the same AI returning to work, dei and B and mental health. And then you throw in groundbreaking. Yeah, there was nothing groundbreaking. I'm like, really, you know you, you know top trends to be on the lookout for 2025 and it's yeah, ai. You know I. I had a conversation with somebody not that long ago about ai and you know everybody some we've talked a number of times people think we'll lose their job to it, and you're not. But in this labor shortage economy, we need to automate all the jobs we can and be using AI to the fullest extent so we can not have to worry about hiring being. You know, I could hire 10 people tomorrow if I could find the right 10 people.
Cee Cee: Right.
Warren: And I think there's so many companies out there that are the same way. If you could find those right 10 people or more now I'm a small company we could hire them if you could find them. So if you free people up with some AI, maybe we can make better use of the resources we have. So you know, once again, not afraid of AI Returning to work.
Andrew Quilpa: we've been talking about it for a year now.
Warren: It's you know, and there's more headlines out there as this big name company is making everybody return to work and this one isn't. But what was the article I read recently? Oh gosh, spotify is not making their people return to work and, you know, is it going to be a thing. You know, last time we discussed the pros of coming to the office and the social interaction, especially as you're a younger professional. But yeah, that was something.
Cee Cee: Honestly, I just let the applicants let you know when it's time, because when you start to have people who are seeking it, then the pendulum will swing the other direction.
Warren: Absolutely.
Cee Cee: Yeah, and then you'll adapt. You know, like you can't like mandate it right now, though I think that's stupid.
Warren: You know I, you know we never had a true where we were allowed to work certain positions of course, not every position or engineer, but you can't bring a Navy vessel to your home to work on and things but you know, certain positions you were allowed to work up to two days a week. I stopped that voluntarily, but anyways. But reading these articles about HR trends and one of them was from SHRM it made me think why are the writing? There's nothing groundbreaking that someone who hasn't been in HR more than six months can't get out of. Out of this. This article and these articles and I. We need a replacement for sean. And yeah, you know, I told you this is a topic I'm going to discuss in a. I want to dig deeper into at some point. But but what's out there that can replace hrs? You know my wife, she does payroll. They've got like three or four professional organizations for payroll people. I mean payrollorg formerly the APA is the big one, but there's several others out there and I think a lot of other professions have multiple professional organizations out there for their people. But HR, we really don't have an alternative to SHRM. Oh, speaking of which I think I mentioned earlier, I'm going to the Virginia State SHRM. I think it's in April or something like that Nice. The opening keynote speaker is JCT, so I'll try to get a selfie with him or something.
Cee Cee: Oh boy.
Warren: Actually squirrel brain moment here this state SHRM council meeting or chapter state annual meeting. They've limited to only 600 attendees and I've been to every time in Virginia and I live in North Carolina but I work in Virginia right across the border but they rotate among five-ish cities. You know Hampton Roads area, richmond area, washington DC area, roanoke area and somewhere else I forget where else, but they rotate among these. So it comes back to the Hampton Roads, virginia Beach area every five years or so and I've been to most of the ones in this area and there's well over. I don't think I've been to one that has less than 600 people and I'm thinking why would you limit it to 600 people? I'm curious to see how that goes . But they're still selling. I was just checking the other day. They're still selling packages or whatever. You can still go if you want to want, so they're not sold out. But if you're going to be, at the virginia thing charm. Look, look for me, I'll be, I'll be there and I'll be handing out some jaded hr cards. Love it. Let's see if I could do that. So anyways, that is, that's something else going. But oh, I was going also squirrel brain, like I said, the deib I've seen so many articles about and I once again haven't read 99 of them because most of it's clickbait. But yeah, you know, this company's getting rid of our deib program and that company's getting rid of it and I'm like, okay, let's, let's look at it, because a few years ago, when you know, you know, deib just you know, was everybody's hot topic. You know, after, after the George Floyd and the other social injustice things that were going on, deib hit its. You know so many consultants putting out so many shitty DEIB programs. You know their cookie cutter and I see that you know this company's axing their DIV. Are they really axing it? Are they getting rid of something that they bought on a whim because they need to do something very topical, to be what is the right word? Be cool, I guess, be trendy, because this is what everybody's focusing on right now and do something, and they got stuck into some shitty program. I've actually seen some really bad. Yeah, they're done by these keynote speakers that have something cool to offer and to sell to you, but I don't buy it. Once again, I'm not reading all those articles.
Cee Cee: Yeah.
Warren: They're kickbait, Kill it bait.
Cee Cee: I like the ones. What was it? I think it was Costco who was like no, what was it? I think it was Costco who was like no, we're keeping it, we're keeping DEIB. And I think their reasoning. Well, according to the article, allegedly it was one of those things that came up in board meetings and they're like no, this is important to our people, we're keeping it, we're keeping DEI and we are keeping 150 hot dogs, like that's it. And I was like that's nice, I like that. That's a fun article.
Warren: Yeah, yeah, and there's nothing wrong with ditching a program that isn't working, or not ditching it, but replacing it and saying, okay, we just tried this vendor and it's not working. Or maybe it's working, fine, but you can do better. I found something better. There's always something shinier somewhere else. And so I read all these articles. I'm thinking, yeah, are they really getting rid of it or are they just readjusting, know, retargeting? I can't see all these companies I, I ladder.
Cee Cee: I hope it's not companies just getting rid of it , because they don't. I mean, I'm sure there are, I'm sure there are companies out there, yeah like. I'm sure there are companies who are like we're not doing that anymore by, yeah, like, but I hope it I hope it would be the latter that there's just more of a refocus, yeah.
Warren: I don't know. You know SHRM drops the E or what do they drop? Equity? I can't remember. Yeah, didn't SHRM drop the equity. Or I forget what letter they drop, but out of their DEIB or what they're teaching or what they're doing. But you know, maybe they're buying into that garbage.
Cee Cee: Yeah, I don't know. Well, I don't know, Because Johnny C Taylor man, like he's just a future politician, Like that's just so. I don't trust anything. You know what I'm saying. Like I don't Any decision that comes like that out of Sherm. Now I'm like just so jaded about Sherm, you know, I'm like I don't know, he's just trying to run for office somewhere, Like that's just his, that's his end game.
Warren: And that's exactly why I think we need an alternative to Sherm, and I actually did go down a little bit of a rabbit hole and I couldn't find anything. There are other HR organizations , tiny, unknown, you know things that you know I'm not going to give my money to or anything like that, but yeah, there is an anything out there. So hey, if you've got an idea for an alternative to SHRM, let us know. Well, I'm going to save it for the episode. I do have one organization that's out there that might be able to. That seems to be making a little bit of a headway towards that. I don't know if it's their goal or not, but anyways. So two social media stories. Well, first one is social media the TikTok ban TikTok ban that lasted a whopping seven hours.
Cee Cee: I'm like I'm not cool enough to be on TikTok.
Warren: See, I'm not. My wife lives on TikTok and I'll go ahead and say it. Most of the people she watch are like human debris on parade.
Cee Cee: Oh yeah.
Warren: They're just You're only doing TikTok because you're unemployable otherwise. But she showed me this video of this lady and she's literally lost her shit. She's like in a frantic state of psychosis about the tiktok ban about to happen and you know she's gonna lose. I looked at her. She has like okay, she has like 150,000 followers, more than we have, listeners and you know whatever 100. But at 150,000.
Cee Cee: We can change that.
Andrew Quilpa: listeners you can follow us, just follow us on all social media.
Warren: You're not making buku dollars, that this should is probably a full-time job if you're you're, you've only got 150 000 followers. You know that that's a great huge number. But yeah, you're, you know and you know, and judging by everything else she was doing, she's, like that, unemployable otherwise. But now tiktok's back and I think they they put a. The new administration, leaving things apolitical, has put a 75 day. They're going to revisit it in 75 days. What to what to do with tiktok. But yeah, people were literally losing their minds over losing tikt.
Cee Cee: Wow, we really, as a society as a whole, we really just are a little too connected to our social media In a bad way Obsessed. Also, half of these people I see on TikTok, I go down weird rabbit holes. Now, this is my hobby. I'm on the YouTube train and I just, wherever YouTube takes me, I go, which is now like my algorithm on there. It brings me to like what is it ? Like commenters or something, and they just like talk about different things in social media and a lot of it is like toxic social media influencers and I'm like how are these people making more money than we are? Just how, like? I don't know, there's a kid that just like crashed his Maserati or some crap and then he had to like I don't know, and I'm just sitting there. I'm like this is stupid, like everyone, why? Anyway, no, I feel like I need a detox off of social media for a while, but that's where I'm. I don't know. It's so hard because now it's part of your everyday life.
Warren: It's hard it is, it's hard. I'm, I'm doing much better. I'm I'm spending less time on Facebook, I'm using Instagram a little bit more and because I'm, it's, it's like I'm getting I'm getting a different same meta company. I know, but I'm getting a different same meta company, I know, but I'm getting a different algorithm of posts of people I don't follow and it's, it doesn't feel as toxic, it doesn't feel, as you know, I don't get the political garbage I you know, that's all over Facebook and things like that. But in speaking of YouTube, there's two hobbies I have that I follow a lot of YouTubers on and I'm getting to the point where I don't want to follow them as much anymore because they're hocking something. And you know, the two things are homebrewing and off-road driving and you know everybody's . And you follow my affiliate link in the bottom and I'm like, okay, great, but tell me what you really. If you're trying to tell me something, tell me about what you really think, even though they say, oh, this is a I'm not paid for to my opinion and I can . They gave me this free and I can say what I want about it. Like, no, they didn't. You know, you want to keep the gravy train going. So, yeah, I'm gonna get to say, you know, this sucks and things like that, when, like every second or third video is just blatantly hawking something when I want to see, you know, I want to see these off-road trails that I want to go on. You know, I'm planning another trip to Utah to see my daughter and I'm going to be taking my truck and I'm trying to figure out where I want to go off-roading while I'm in Utah, except for Moab. I will not do. Moab is you know? Yeah, it's, it's very special people in Moab in the off-road community. So anyways, everybody wants to go there, been there, done that and not going back. But home brewers are a lot less , because I guess there's a lot less, you know, money maybe in it, but or maybe it's just the mix of people I'm watching but I'm not getting as much. They recommend this product, they recommend that product. I buy this or I don't buy that. On the other side of my monitor here is my brewing station and I've not brewed anything in a very long time. The word influencer has such a negative connotation to me when someone describes themselves as an influencer. I just why?
Cee Cee: Well, don't you think highly of yourself?
Warren: Yeah, I have the right opinion, you know.
Andrew Quilpa: I'm special.
Warren: I know more than you about this and things like that. Go back to keeping up speakers again.
Cee Cee: Seriously.
Warren: These people are in the HR world. I don't follow anybody on YouTube anymore on HR related because that just I think I still think I have baked. Hr Ladies, you haven't put a video out in forever, oh yeah. You haven't put a video out in forever. Get another one out, but we haven't. You know I unsubscribe from everything because they were garbage and a lot of. You know touchy feely, do your best and oh, this is. You know what you have to do, not your your advice. Advice, it doesn't resonate with so was.
Cee Cee: Was the keynote speaker for this three letter company. Was it someone well known or was it just like?
Warren: okay, okay, I'd never heard she. You know it, never. And that's one thing you know, every I've been going to this for online. They do it once or twice a year and the first thing I do is I look at the list of presenters. There's only one name I recognize and I was like, eh, I can take it or leave it. And then I a list of presenters and then I say, okay, I could take it or leave it. But you know, people I really like and enjoy have been presenters. Kate Bischoff has been one of their presenters before. John Hyman has David Miklas, I think. A lot of people that I do enjoy following. And you know, if I see Kate Bischoff or John Hyman as a presenter in a seminar, I'm probably going to attend their session, their little breakout session, because I know what I'm getting, yeah, and I'm going to enjoy it. And they don't pander to their audiences but this whole thing. Anyways, but squirrel brain all day today it's the snow, it's the snow, it's the snow. Where I was going, did you see the instance of the Philadelphia Eagles fan and the Green Bay Packer fan their interaction no, so I read it.
Cee Cee: I didn't see the interaction, though, like I got the gist of it, but I didn't hear.
Warren: Video myself, okay but there's been so much written about it and okay, philadelphia is well known for having some of the rowdiest, toughest, meanest fans around.
Cee Cee: Yeah, don't they have a jail in the stadium for that.
Warren: I understand they're old , Maybe I don't know if the new one does, but the old stadium did indeed have. I saw something online that it did have a jail in the old stadium. I don't know if the new stadium has that or not. I would guess it would because it's a bigger stadium. They're going to have more problems with it. But on video this guy is caught dropping the C word onto this Green Bay Packer female fan, See and classy, and on top of it he works for a DEI firm. That was his job.
Cee Cee: Get out of here.
Warren: No.
Cee Cee: The irony.
Warren: He worked for.
Cee Cee: He got one job, dude.
Warren: And yeah, and you're in. Well, get this. And I think this came from john hyman or eric marr, I don't remember. I want to give credit, but I don't remember who exactly said it. The man issued an apology and in his apology it was taken out context. How do you take calling someone a cunt out of context? I don't think there's a way to put that in context in any way. And also, in his quote-unquote apology, he says that he was provoked and, like you know, you're this big dude, macho dude , you're going to let this lady provoke you into this. I just yeah, there were so many things wrong. Actually, see, if I can, that's hilarious. But yeah, I wish I could give credit to. It's one of the daily newsletters I subscribe to and it was either John Hyman or Eric Meyer. So I'm sorry, whoever, whoever it is, but not giving proper credit, but yeah it why?
Cee Cee: why do people uh like and I'm okay, I'm honestly with this like I know some people are very upset with like, oh, you shouldn't get people fired. But I know, because if that's how you behave outside, then that's how you behave inside the office. And you know what? I'm okay with a little public humiliation. If you're going to behave like an idiot, you get to.
Warren: You got to be yeah, to be publicly scorned yeah, and now that you know, his chances of getting another job are like. I forget his name, but it's out there and all they have to do is google his name and you can say what he did and what he's famous for now and he's gonna he's gonna have some back office there's anything wrong, but he's not to be forward-facing anywhere for the next many years when he's going to have Klein in our church, hell or the? Dude who at the football game? Yeah, yeah, no.
Cee Cee: He'll be fine. He'll find something, just not in DEI, he'll be fine.
Warren: What's the opposite of DEI?
Cee Cee: Oh, my God.
Warren: Yeah, I just thought that was crazy, that he, you know, but it's social media and you know, going back, I have freedom of speech, you have freedom of speech, but you don't have also, you don't have freedom of consequences for your speech. So if you're out there and you're saying this, and it's not against the government, so you can't even claim that. I'm glad that important border dropped him like a bad habit.
Cee Cee: There was one recently another story where this woman was just doing a TikTok and she was just like blah, blah, blah, like I don't know. She was mixing, making some food and talking like through a tutorial and she dropped the N-word a few times. Oh, and she's a white woman and she just like dropped the N-word a couple times and I think people were just like, excuse me, like what? And the company that she worked for is owned by a black woman and she got fired real fast, like real fast well, I thought you were going to go this one.
Warren: This came out just the other day. A flight attendant for alaska airlines was fired for filming a dance in her Airways uniform her Alaska Airways uniform and her response was what's wrong with a little twerk before work? I pulled up the article right now A poet, you can do all the twerking before work you want to do. Maybe not do it in your uniform . Yeah, and here's the first comment on this article. I found You're in uniform, and then they said A you're in uniform. B a GoFundMe. Seriously, and apparently I haven't read this version of the article. Oh yeah, she started a GoFundMe where, as of January 19th, she's raised $2,600. And her response was what's wrong with a little work, a twerk before work? She continued the caption people act like they never did that before. And then the hashtags fyp, flight attendant life discrimination is real discrimination okay, but okay, I have quite.
Cee Cee: I have follow-up questions because I've seen other airlines and other people post their quirky videos. They'll go viral and there's no like, whatever. So my question is what was the nature of the dancing and was like provocative, was it like? I don't know. I have quite I need to understand why Alaskan Airlines decided to fire this employee when it seems like other employees of other airlines can do things in their uniform that are fun and quirky.
Warren: Okay, I just tried to click the link to the video which I have not seen before.
Cee Cee: I know Now.
Warren: I'm warning this post may not be comfortable for some audiences.
Andrew Quilpa: You must log in.
Warren: So apparently maybe it's a little inappropriate. I don't have a TikTok account available on my computer to check it out, but Google twerk before work. I'm sure you can find it and see what the nature of that video is. So boy.
Cee Cee: I'm like now I got a. This is live. This is this right, here is live, live research. I don't know. I see that's working, I see the beauty shaking. I don't think it's a fireable offense, I'm just gonna say it. I don't know if I would have fired her.
Warren: Yeah so I I don't know well, whatever, I'm just going to say it. I don't know if I would have fired her. Yeah, so I don't know. Well, whatever, I'm not going to. Okay, this is, as I haven't seen the video once again On November 17th, the then flight attendant posted a TikTok, a video to TikTok, in which she danced and, in her own words, twerked in the aisles of an empty airplane. Her own words twerked in the aisles of an empty airplane and she used I'll quoting her here please, people, ghetto, bit till I die, don't let the uniform fool you is what you're saying. So yeah, the caption yeah, so maybe the verbiage, but anyways yeah I don't know.
Cee Cee: This is why I don't do real HR. This is why I'm in talent management.
Warren: Oh no, Talent management is real HR, but anyways.
Cee Cee: Yeah, yeah, yeah. No, I'm just, I don't do employee relations or anything like that.
Warren: You know, I just also got to think have fun, do what you want to do on. I mean, I'm sure Alaska airlines probably got dozens of uh only plans people on their in their roster but they're not doing their stuff in their. This is their uniform, things like that.
Cee Cee: Yeah, you never know what people are even hey, even hooters has very strong rules about their uniform oh gosh, too many jokes. Get me canceled quickly no, like, apparently it's a real thing, like if you work at hooters, you are not allowed to wear your uniform outside of work and if you are photographed wearing your uniform outside of work, you will be terminated yeah, okay, well, I, I I can see the logic behind that.
Warren: If you're you know you could be representing the company in your social media inappropriate. I mean, you know Hooters used to be so provocative and now it's tame, you know.
Cee Cee: Yeah.
Warren: Yeah.
Cee Cee: I'm a sucker for some good wings. I'm sorry'm sorry like I'm not being a very good feminist, but I really like wings have you ever done a birthday party there into a birthday party?
Warren: no some things they do I know, I know hot dogs and I was just watching. I wasn't part of this birthday party, but I was just there eating some wings, watching football and watching someone else do this thing.
Cee Cee: So anyways, I got to be honest. For a while I was very intrigued with the whole Hooters employment stuff because they do so many practices, because I know a few women who have worked in Hooters their past life. But they do weigh-ins, they do this, they do that and I'm like, how do they get away with that? And interesting fact, and I'm not sure if it's still true today, but apparently at one point they hired entertainer. Like they're classified as entertainers, not servers, so that's how they can get away with like doing weigh-ins and like making sure you're not like it's so. Oh, like it's a, it was a, I've heard it's a very toxic environment I, I can only imagine you know anyways.
Warren: But yeah, yes, social media is the devil and people who I enjoy social media to a certain degree. I'm trying to wean myself. Like I said earlier, I'm doing much better. I'm spending so much less time on Facebook, I'm spending a wee bit more time on Instagram, but a wee bit more than what I was is not much, and I'm trying to slowly wean myself off of it. So I think that will, unless you have anything else you want to cover today.
Cee Cee: No, honestly, I don't know if I mentioned this before, but I don't think I did so. Last week we everyone in the family got COVID. So it started with my mom, who then, like, gave it to my dad and their child care. So then we went one week without child care and then, right when they were starting to feel better, I got the COVID and Kevin got it. And then, luckily, the baby did not get it. Baby, and if she was, she was asymptomatic, but nope, she was asymptomatic but nope, she was just nope. Knock on wood. I don't know how we got out, I don't know how we survived without her getting sick, but yeah, so I am just kind of in a space of I'm feeling better and I'm trying to catch up on work that I missed and I survived. That's where I'm trying to catch up on work that I missed and I survived.
Warren: That's where I'm at Knock on wood. I haven't had COVID since I don't know in a few. I had it one time and it was moderately mild case of it, but I do. I'm still getting my COVID shot . You know, I just told my doctor when I went at the end of December. I said look, if you recommend it I'll do it, Otherwise I don't care one way or the other. And she recommended it, so I got it. And what happens? Every time I get COVID shot? I burn a fever for like two days. Oh yeah, I feel like crap and I still haven't fully recovered from it. I still get you know, a little is I just feel like crap for a couple of days and then like I just had some lingering congestion and stuff, but yeah so oh no, I got it and I got knocked on my ass.
Cee Cee: Oh every, every single symptom you could have gotten. I gotten especially everything down to, like the nose and this taste, and oh my God it was. It was 48 hours of just death and then I rebounded pretty fast .
Warren: But yeah, okay, but we got it. Oh Sorry, sorry to hear that. Well, you should be good for a couple years before you get it again, right?
Cee Cee: I get it every year, Warren. Oh, really, I have get it every year warren oh really, I have gotten it every year since 2022. Like, okay, yeah, this is every . At every time I get all of the symptoms, it's just me. I'm like I don't know what it is about me oh. Covid loves me, I must be a really good host.
Warren: Like, oh, yeah, I feel for you. Like I said the first time, the only time I had it it was a couple days not feeling so, like I said, it was rather mild. I know people have just been horrible with it. I was like really like a scale a sore throat, like on the like, a strep throat, sore throat, head congestion and headaches. I didn't have any nausea, um, and I didn't lose my taste at all, but yeah, I was. That's why I had this like a strep throat, sore throat, oh, and then you're coughing. All the time I was coughing so much my abs were sore for like two weeks like been doing hundreds of sit-ups a day and looking at me, you know I haven't done a hundred sit-ups in my life combined, but my abs felt like it from all the coughing. Oh gosh.
Cee Cee: Wonderful If that was a side effect. Like, yeah, you're going to cough your brains out, but by the end of this you're going to have like a six pack and you're going to look so good.
Warren: I felt like I should have all that. Yeah, yeah, that was. That was so well. We'll lay in this wonderful fun plane on some COVID. And I want to thank our Patreon supporters Hallie, the original Jaded HR rock star, bill and Michael. Check us out on Patreon. You can find all the links in the show notes. Let's see here the voice artist at the beginning is Andrew Kolpa and the intro and outro music is Devil to Devil, the song by the Underschool Orchestra. I think I'd get it right by now , after saying it for almost five years and with all that fun stuff said as always, I'm Warren, I'm Cece and we're here helping you survive HR. One what-the-fuck moment at a time. Thank you.