Brief Episode Summary:
Male Sexual Abuse occurs far more commonly than previously suspected, yet too few victims ever seek support, choosing instead, to suffer in silence! Rather, they cope through avoidance, isolation, substance abuse, hyper-masculinity and more. Dr. Palfy’s book, MEN TOO: UNSPOKEN TRUTHS ABOUT MALE SEXUAL ABUSE, is for male survivors and their supporters. It highlights the complex and unique barriers boys and men face during and after abuse, helping to put them on the road to recovery!
Dr. Kelli began her career working in adult and youth corrections. Later, she went on to become an RCMP officer, specializing in investigating sex crimes committed against children internationally.
After retiring from the RCMP, Dr. Palfy obtained her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology from the University of Alberta. She is a trained trauma therapist with a private practice focused on male survivors of abuse, first responders and couples. She is also a respected speaker and author on male sexual abuse. Moreover, she is essential!
- Discover the chilling truth as to what "grooming" is and why it's imperative that we educate ourselves!
- Things to be aware of when it comes to the male adolescents or younger (or grandsons) who are in your charge, thereby hopefully nipping sexual abuse "in the bud!"
- The potential power of the letters N and O - NO ! It's not just for women and young girls.
- Shareable link to this episode: https://www.buzzsprout.com/859273/8720475
- Dr. Kelli's website: kellipalfy.com
- Alan's email address: [email protected]
Alan’s link to register to receive new podcasts and other updates: http://eepurl.com/g1DSf9
- Link to tell us what podcast themes you'd like to see us cover: https://form.jotform.com/210597899275071
- Sheri Sperry's website to connect with her, https://sellsedona.com/sedona-lifestyle
Call to Action
- Get your copy of MEN TOO now by going to Dr. Palfy's website plus Amazon and Barnes and Noble in the US
- If you enjoyed this week's podcast episode, I would greatly appreciate it if you would rate and review it where you listen to your podcasts. Thank you!
Support the show (https://www.paypal.com/mep/dashboard)
Sheri Sperry is YOUR SOLUTIONS REALTOR!
A Realtor in AZ for 10 years, her main goal is to take the stress off you during a difficult time!
Support the show