Future Shop Podcast with WSL
EP14: The Future of Retail from a Global View
Mar 08, 2021
In this episode, our own Wendy Liebmann and Christine Cross, UK-based global retail consultant, discuss trends that are already disrupting retail around the world.
Wendy and Christine discuss:
- The impact of channel agnosticism on how people shop, and where companies invest
- The growth of DTC and how it enables brands to stay closer to shoppers
- How shoppers (and investors) are increasingly concerned about societal health
- How the last moment of the shopper’s experience is defining success – or failure.
- New food practices that are disrupting the future of big box retail
- The intense pressure on non-food categories post-pandemic, and
- That big brands are not infallible.