49 - Manners Lesson: "Thank You"
June 23, 2022
In this episode we learn how to get our kids to say “thank you” and how to help develop a general sense of appreciation for not only “things” but also training them in thankfulness which will help to promote an “attitude of gratitude”.
- Start Early
- Be Consistent
- Give Praise for using Thank You
- Use Family Meetings to Set Expectations
- Set up Family Thanking Events
- Dinner time thank you routines
- Bedtime blessings routine
- Thank you note practice for birthdays and holidays
- Make it FUN! We'll talk about a few ideas for setting up a "fancy dinner" so we can practice all our manners in a creative and fun way.
Lastly, we'll go over how important modeling good "thank you" practices can be in helping bring thankfulness in our homes.
TRANSCRIPT AVAILABLE HERE