If you listen to only one educational episode on The Pedsdoctalk Podcast, I hope this one is it. On this episode I go over the Top 10 Reasons Children come to the office for a sick visit. I go over these issues and explain when to be concerned to speak to your child's clinician.
I was inspired to do this episode because I found that parents were often coming in for symptoms that could be managed at home. I understand that this can be a combination of rightful parental worry and possibly not being told when they should be concerned. I believe that through the information I present in this episode, you can feel more confident in when you should have your child evaluated.
When your child is not feeling well, it causes a level of worry I am very familiar with as a mother. As you go through the topics remember these disclaimers:
1. This is for education. I will not provide medical advice or provide a diagnosis.
2. If your child has any underlying medical issues, please confirm any educational content presented in this episode also applies to them.
3. If you are concerned about your child, SEEK CARE, Nobody will ever fault you for bringing in your child to be evaluated even if it is only to provide you peace of mind.
As you listen to the topics, remember Dr. Mona's Pedsdoctalk Cardinal Rules for a sick child:
1. Are they hydrated?
2. Are they breathing comfortably?
3. Are they interactive with you/are they consolable
4. Do they have a persistent fever
Listen in as I explain these rules and the following 10 Topics:
For the pink eye discussion, I talk about pink eye being overtreated. Here's a link to more information about pink eye and return to daycare.
Follow me at @pedsdoctalk on Instagram, if you are not already for more educational tips and parenting inspiration.