The PedsDocTalk Podcast
40: Infant Reflux and Constipation
October 21, 2020
Dr. Mona Amin
Infant spit up, reflux, and constipation are common. When severe, it can be really overwhelming to a parent.
On this episode, I welcome Dr. GI Joe (Dr. Joanna) who is a pediatric Gastroenterologist (@gastrodoc.md on Instagram).
We discuss infant reflux and constipation.
- Why does spit up happen?
- What is the difference between spit up and reflux?
- When are medications needed for reflux?
- When does reflux get better?
- What are some basic reflux precautions after feedings?
- What is infant dyschezia?
- Is all straining constipation?
- What are some basic remedies for constipation?
- What are some red flags when it comes to baby poop?
Tune in to listen to a great discussion on the infant gut! Make sure to follow @gastrodoc.md and pedsdoctalk to continue the conversation!