The PedsDocTalk Podcast
60: Autism Acceptance with a Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrician
April 07, 2021
Dr. Mona Amin
In honor of Autism Acceptance and acceptance of neurodiversity, I invited Dr Tamar Nazarian Chorbadjian, a Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrician.
We discuss the following:
- The role of a Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrician in taking care of neurodiverse children
- The current statistics of autism and why we think we are seeing higher rates now
- Known risk factors
- How the diagnosis is made
- Misinformation regarding autism
- The importance of establishing services early for a child.
Tune in to learn about autism and make sure to follow us @pedsdoctalk and @drtamardbp to continue the conversation