The PedsDocTalk Podcast
78: The rash that itches: Eczema management with a Pediatric Dermatologist
July 14, 2021
Dr. Mona Amin
On today's episode I welcome Dr. Shivani Patel, Board Certified Pediatric Dermatologist. We discuss the following:
- When eczema can happen and how it differs in infancy vs childhood
- Why does it happen?
- When should a child see a dermatologist versus an allergist
- Eczema and food allergies explained
- Favorite skincare regimens for eczema
- Medicines versus steroids
- What to do about itching
Find and follow Dr. Shivani Patel on Instagram, @pedsdermdoc.
Thank you to our sponsor: BetterHelp for sponsoring this episode.
To schedule your first therapy session, visit https://www.betterhelp.com/peds to get 10% off your first month