The PedsDocTalk Podcast
80: A MOTHER'S MESSAGE: Raising Black Boys in America
July 28, 2021
Dr. Mona Amin
On this episode I welcome Thenedra Roots on Instagram as @raisingtherootsboys. We discuss the following and so much more!
- Why she started Raising The Roots Boys
- What it means to her raising Black boys in America today
- The obvious differences she sees in the way her children are treated in society
- Her biggest concern for her children's future
- How non-black parents can support her and other Black parents in the parenting world
- What she thinks we as parents can do to make our children's future more inclusive
Thank you to our sponsor: BetterHelp for sponsoring this episode.
To schedule your first therapy session, visit https://www.betterhelp.com/peds to get 10% off your first month