In the pilot episode of The Bridge Project Gold Series, we have a conversation about Prof. Harsh V. Pant. Professor Harsh V Pant is Director, Studies and Head of the Strategic Studies Programme at Observer Research Foundation, New Delhi.
In this episode, he examines the effects of COVID-19 on the current international order and estimate possible future trajectories. He also speculates the trends in globalization in a post-COVID world. He also talks about the academia-policy divide in the country and give tips to young scholars on how to 'bridge the gap' in the future.
1. Harsh Pant, China and the Coronavirus Pandemic: Is a New Global Order in Sight?, Ideas Factory, ORF, April 2 2020.
2. Deudney, Daniel, and G. John Ikenberry. “The Nature and Sources of Liberal International Order.” Review of International Studies, vol. 25, no. 2, 1999, pp. 179–196. JSTOR, www.jstor.org/stable/20097589.
3. Slaughter, Anne-Marie. "How to Succeed in the Networked World: A Grand Strategy for the Digital Age." Foreign Affairs 95, no. 6 (2016): 76-89.
4. Bender, M., 2020. Trump Funding Threat Against World Health Organization Linked To Hiring Practices. [online] WSJ.
5. Inside China’S All-Out War On The Coronavirus, New York Times.
The Bridge Project (2020), "International Order & Globalization in a post-COVID World", Gold(1), 08 May 2020, URL:
Ambuj Sahu & Aishani Jaiswal
Inspired by Kevin MacLeod