This episode is now meant to really give you guys a look at the other research out there that study hackers and programmers - so I’ll briefly give you a background of where to really search once you want to write or learn more about this topic.
References for this episode:
1. Lupton, Deborah. Digital Sociology. Routledge, 2014.
2. Kelty, Christopher M. Two Bits: The Cultural Significance of Free Software. Duke University Press, 2008.
3. Coleman, Gabriella. Hacker, Hoaxer, Whistleblower, Spy: The Many Faces of Anonymous. Verso Books, 2014.
4. Ensmenger, Nathan L. The Computer Boys Take Over: Computers, Programmers, and the Politics of Technical Expertise. Mit Press, 2012.
5. Mackenzie, Adrian. Cutting Code: Software and Sociality. Vol. 30: Peter Lang, 2006.