Ep 6. Systems Inspired Leadership
May 27, 2020
In this episode, Marita Frijdhon is talking about system inspired leadership and why it is needed now more than ever. As we say in systems coaching, ‘the whole is greater than the sum of its parts’ and by utilizing this intelligence, teams of all shapes and sizes may find that they not only survive- but thrive- through challenging times. Instead of focusing on the individual mountain that we have to climb, let’s connect with the team around us, and consider what we can do together- today- to create positive change.
Key takeaways from the episode:
- A systems inspired leader recognizes that they don’t always have to be in charge. Instead, they utilize the strengths within their team.
- Systems inspired leaderships is about stepping back and seeing the bigger picture. A shift from micro-management to macro-analysis.
- They are ‘we’ focused as opposed to ‘me’ focused
- Stepping into a systems perspective will not only help your team to work more effectively it will also take the pressure off you as a leader.
- Great leadership isn’t about having all the answers: it’s asking great questions.