Brand Tuned - Smart Thinking, Better Branding
Kitty Newman - How People Can Manage Their Social Media
Sep 18, 2020
Shireen Smith / Kitty Newman
Kitty Newman of TrapezMedia runs a social media agency which she set up herself, so we hear about her business journey with that and her suggestions for how people can manage their social media.
- She has been in digital marketing for the last 12 years and started working in online marketing after a previous job in a call centre
- She set up her own business four years ago
- As an agency, they work on any ad on any platform, but when they look at a new client, they will definitely look at what's right for them
- "I love hearing about the kinds of ways to put things across and the way to get people talking to you about their business"
- As mandated service they will post every other day someone on Instagram or LinkedIn or Facebook, Twitter will do twice a day, tweets twice a day
- During the first month, Kitty says they go through and audit all the channels, look at what works, run some reports and look at what your customers are engaging with
- She suggests trying to get your content written up ahead of time.
- You need to consider strategy within your social media as she says
- As she mentioned, you need to consider your tone of voice, your messaging, your call to actions, your creative your brand
- Learn what she thinks are content pillars
- She suggests if you're not having the desired effect, then let's look at what's what's going on for that