Are you a chronically injured runner or triathlete?
Do you know you should incorporate strength and mobility work, but have no clue how and where to start?
Or maybe you're a pregnant athlete and want to avoid abdominal separation and issues down the line, but don't know what information to trust?
In this episode, we talk with Jessica Valant, PT and Pilates Instructor who breaks down how you can avoid injuries for life.
- Jessica's journey with prolapse, an often not discussed but common problem postpartum
- The main exercise modifications (running, jumping, and strength training) pregnant women should know about and what to avoid during pregnancy and in the postpartum period
- How to identify a diastasis recti and how to repair it
- Giving yourself grace and time in the postpartum period
- What should runners and other endurance athletes be doing to avoid injuries?
- What are the benefits of pilates, especially for endurance athletes?
- How can having more strength improve speed/performance in running, if at all?
- The most common injuries in athletes and how to fix them
- What can runners do to avoid or rehab a knee injury
- What exactly is our core, and how can we keep it strong
- Why balance in work/life/motherhood doesn't exist
For full resources and things mentioned in this episode, check out the show notes here.
Connect with Jessica Valant:
Jessica Valant Pilates
Jessica Valant Pilates YouTube