Nail Your Nutrition Podcast
44: Marathon Training 101: Your Definitive Guide to Training with Coach Laura Norris
August 17, 2021
Nail Your Nutrition
Are you training for your first marathon?
Are you looking to PR in the marathon or BQ and want to learn how to properly fuel?
Overwhelmed with all of the gear and have no idea where to start?
This episode is one of two special episodes focusing just on marathon training!
Consider it your definitive guide to everything marathon training.
In this episode, we cover:
- What is the “best” training plan for a beginner marathon? Intermediate? Advanced?
- How long should training plans be?
- How many days a week should you run?
- How long should the long run be?
- How many speed workouts should I do per week?
- How do I PR or BQ?
- How do I get faster?
- What running "easy" really means and how to do it.
- What’s the best strategy for injury prevention.
- How much and what kind of strength training do I need to do?
- Do I need to foam roll/stretch every day?
- How to balance training with real life.
- Race day strategy
- And more!
For full resources and things mentioned in this episode, check out the show notes here.