Jahna Cedar is a Nyiyaparli/Yindjibarndi woman from the Pilbara region of Western Australia. She is an accomplished leader who is at the forefront of advocating for equality and social justice for indigenous affairs.
We talk about:
· What it feels like walking in two cultural worlds
· The constant pressure to prove herself
· Why courage and resilience are so important
· What motivated her to break the gender and cultural ceilings
· How breaking the glass ceilings have come at a cost to her mental health
· What authentic leadership and selflessness look like
· Why she decided to share her story of vulnerability
· Jahna’s definition of courage
Contact Jahna Cedar
Interview: Sana Turnock
Produced and edited by: Sana Turnock and Jamie Woods (Woods Media Lab)
Auto mastering: Woods Media Lab
Copyright free music credits
Intro – Nimbus Evening Land
Outro – Hero’s Ascent
If you’re inspired by these episodes, please leave a five-star rating review on Apple
Podcasts Stitcher or Spotify. Make sure to hit ‘Subscribe’ so you never miss out on inspiring
stories of courage.
Find value in what I’m doing?
Creating a podcast, where I get to share stories of strength, courage and resilience is a real
privilege. It takes many hours and my own funds to produce the Courage Unravelled
podcast that’s free and available to everyone. And it will continue to be that way.
If you’ve enjoyed the podcast and would like to support me on my mission to build a Courage Unravelled community, you can receive exclusive benefits by becoming a Patreon supporter - https://www.patreon.com/courageunravelled?fan_landing=true
Approx: 27minSupport the show