Libby Finlayson grew up rurally and on stations during her childhood and eventually got married to a farmer. She loved her life. She was on acreage, worked the land and with animals, got to ride horses all the time and began a family with her husband on the land. One day, it all changed. She was given unexpected news. Her husband no longer wanted to be married – to her.
Libby’s whole world was rocked. The farming and community life she adored was no more.
Find out how Libby changed her life and used deep emotional pain as fuel to help others in a way that would never have happened if she was still married.
Note, in this interview you may hear a dog barking from time to time. Allow it to be part of the rural ambiance.
We talk about:
· Station life
· Having a governess growing up
· Being a solo adventurer
· Being among station cowboys
· Getting down and dirty mustering, scruffing & castrating!
· The farm life
· Married with kids
· Marriage break up and the aftermath
· Leaving behind the dream life
· Anger, grief and finding inner strength
· The rollercoaster ride of emotions
· City vs rural divorce. Is there a difference?
· Single parenting
· A new calling
· Health and divorce coaching
· Habit and the ability to change
· Libby’s mum and the women of her generation being courageous heroines
· Turning adversity into a blessing
IG @libfinlifestyle, @beyonddivorcecoach
Interview: Sana Turnock
Produced and edited by: Sana Turnock
Audio mastering: Woods Media Lab
Copyright-free music credits: Liquid time - Aakash Ghandi, Eternal garden – Dan Henig