Meet Melia Brent-White. A past wine maker who gained minor celebrity status in the 2000s. Find out why she decided to radically change direction and leave the wine industry and the family legacy.
The decision meant setting out on her own courageous path. A path that would take Melia towards Body Talk - an energetic-type therapy which enables Melia to communicate with the body to help it heal itself.
Growing up rurally and being a bush kid Melia never lost connection with the land.
We talk wine, body talk, land management, horses, health challenges and Melia’s vision. Take a listen.
Time: 39.45 min
We talk about:
· Growing up on the land in the South West of Western Australia
· Being a winemaker
· Being part of the family legacy
· Burn out and health complications
· Being a star – a female farmer on TV. Who will she marry?
· Finding love away from the spotlight
· Finding a new path
· Body Talk – what is it exactly?
· The healing power of horses
· The earth wants healing
· Land intelligence and land ownership (the white fella way)
· Healing through holism
· Our individual connection to the land. What does it mean?
· Melia’s courageous hero – Charles Massey
· Melia’s vision for her own future
· The heart of a lion
Interview: Sana Turnock
Produced and edited by: Sana Turnock
Audio mastering: Woods Media Lab
Copyright-free music credits:Pink Sunrise - The Great North South Society, Playdate - The Great North South Society