The Do's & Don'ts of Biblical Fasting
November 03, 2021
Fasting is a powerful spiritual discipline taught and modeled by Jesus. Fasting is also one of the more neglected spiritual disciplines honestly. Tune in as the host, Paul Calcote, discusses the Do's & Don'ts fasting and answers the following questions: How long to fast? Types of fast? Why should we fast? When to fast?
Quotes from this episode
- "Fasting means going without food for spiritual purposes"
- "When we fast, we are expressing and demonstrating our obedience, worship, and love to God"
- "Fasting makes us more sensitive to the voice and timing of the Holy Spirit"
Support the show
- 1 Tim 4:7 Discipline yourself for the purpose of Godliness
- Matthew 6:16-18 “And when you fast, do not look gloomy like the hypocrites, for they disfigure their faces that their fasting may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. 17 But when you fast, anoint your head and wash your face, 18 that your fasting may not be seen by others but by your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you.