Leading for Equity - From Research to Practice – Accelerating Outcomes for Scholars of Color - Part II
September 24, 2020
AASA, The Superintendents Association
This edWeb podcast is hosted by AASA, The Superintendents Association.
The webinar recording can be accessed here.
The conversation continues with Drs. Bren Elliott and Avis Williams. The previous session introduced six impactful equity practices proven to positively impact the most vulnerable scholars. Listen as these leaders share the progress being made in Selma City Schools and explore how the district can position itself to be on the forefront of districts that lead through an equity lens.
Essential Questions for discussion include:
- How do school districts communicate a vision for equity?
- What strategies can school districts implement to establish a culture of high expectation leading to more equitable outcomes?
- How can school districts ensure the raising of expectations and meeting the needs of all students?
- How can district leaders build teachers and leaders’ skills, knowledge and capacity to lean into equity work?
- How can relationships with key stakeholders, such as students, parents, the community and elected officials be leveraged in order to support equity work?
Listeners learn about strategies to address systemic disparities and inequities in order to benefit all students.AASA, The Superintendents Association
AASA advocates for equity for all students and develops and supports school system leaders.