Nancy L. Cavey, a seasoned attorney with over thirty-nine years of experience, explains the complex world of filing for Long-Term Disability benefits. Filing for disability can be a confusing, life changing event, so with her deft expertise, Nancy will guide you through:
- The ins-and-outs of ERISA (the Employee Retirement Income Security Act), which governs group Long-Term Disability Claims.
- Information regarding the process and lifespan of a claim, from the initial application to the request for hearing stages.
- Traps and tactics disability carriers (such as UNUM, The Hartford, Lincoln, and MetLife) use to hinder or deny your claim, including independent medical evaluations, surveillance, and arbitrary and capricious arguments downplaying the nature of your disability.
- Insights, overviews, and claimant stories regarding disease-specific content (ranging from commonplace ailments such as workplace injuries or accidents, to difficult to diagnose illnesses such as Fibromyalgia, Multiple Sclerosis, and POTS).
- Pertinent news happening in the disability world, and
- Much, much more.
Each episode of our podcast Winning Isn't Easy will expose you to invaluable tips and tricks for surviving the disability claims process (a system that is often wrought with pressures and pitfalls designed to encourage you to give up the benefits you rightfully deserve). As host, Nancy will often be joined by guest speakers who themselves are industry experts, ranging from lawyers specializing in related fields and doctors focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of specific diseases, to our associate attorney Krysti Monaco.
In her late teens, Nancy's father was diagnosed with leukemia. As someone who witnessed firsthand the devastating emotional and financial impact on both individual and family that being disabled and filing for benefits can have, Nancy is not just an attorney, but an empathetic presence who understands what you are going through.
Do not let disability insurance carriers rob you of your peace of mind. As a nationwide practice, The Law Office of Nancy L. Cavey may be able to help you get the disability benefits you deserve, regardless of where in the United States you reside. Remember - let Cavey Law be the bridge to your benefits.
Check out the links below to engage with us elsewhere:
Website - https://caveylaw.com/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/user/CaveyLaw