Keep Your Motives Pure.
· Making amends is not about forgiveness, believing that Jesus died on the cross for our sins is how we receive forgiveness.
· Making amends is not about getting things off your chest, that’s what the 4th and 5th Steps are for.
· Making amends are centered on repairing the damage you’ve caused in other people’s lives.
· Making amends requires a great deal of courage due to facing those we have wronged.
· Placing our focus on the well-being of others helps to reduce the shame associated with our wrongdoing.
Making amends involves willingness and constructive action to make things right with those we have harmed. Like Zacchaeus, we should demonstrate surrender to all that Jesus Christ has done for us. This is a giant step forward in clearing the wreckage of the past. By making amends we will have a much greater degree of closure and consequently move towards serving God and our fellows in a much more significant way.