Is your understanding of Christ a ritualistic and rutty experience, or are you engaging yourself with the Living God? Religiosity could be defined as making a way to God entirely through human effort. A life run on self-propulsion is destined to fail, while one that is Holy Spirit driven is certain to lead us to the promises of God! To characterize this struggle of right relationship with God, we can look at two acronyms that will help you to remember the vital tenets of the faith and what to watch out for. The CATS and DOGS acronym can help us to remember this vital life lesson.
· Confession- We admit our powerlessness to God in prayer.
· Adoration- We respond with loving communication to God.
· Thanksgiving- We are grateful for all that he has done and going to do in our lives.
· Supplication- We communicate our obedience to Gods will for our lives.
· Dogmatic- Implies being emphatic about the rules.
· Ostentatious- Is the quality of seeking attention toward yourself.
· Grandiosity- Inflates your self-importance.
· Self-serving- Creates a strong disposition for idolatry, mainly you!
We all have the choice to serve Christ daily or to run on self-propulsion and be isolated from Christ and the Holy Spirit. The choice is always ours to make.