Are You Carrying Your Fears or Someone Else's?
August 25, 2021
We all know fear, but where did it come from, how does it work and what can we do to overcome it if it overpowers us? Find out!
- Fear is necessary - it helped our ancestors survive, was important in evolution and helps us analyse whether we need to fight, flight or freeze
- Phobias can also be memories passed down from your ancestors in the DNA - studies have proved that this is possible
- Why public speaking is so scary to 77% of Americans (and many around the world) according to Colin Clifford, a psychologist at the University of Sydney’s Vision Center
- Are some of the fears and doubts yours, or have they been planted in your mind by those around you? The story of one superstar who faced this first-hand and triumphed!
- Professors Linda Saab and Arash Javanbakht at the Wayne State University explain how the brain decides whether the fear is real or not, and what it does to our bodies - and where the Will Smith and Kevin James movie Hitch relates to this
- The emotional body’s response and how it manifests in our physical body according to Jill Willard, the author of Intuitive Being
- FOR YOU: The ONE breathing exercise from Yogic pranayama to help you breathe through your fear and feel calmer.
Quotes of Wisdom:
“Even if you didn’t know someone or they didn’t speak your language, you would recognize fear when you saw it.”
- "Listen to the thoughts and narrative that’s playing in your head. I guarantee you that you’ll catch yourself saying words that are not yours. They happen as a reaction rather than a response when you have an opportunity to try something new, or do what you’ve always wanted."
- "Allowing other peoples’ fears and doubt to fertilize your garden of dreams will only result in fruits that don’t bring you happiness."
- "Every negative and suppressed emotion carries an energy and eventually shows up and manifests in our physical one as random aches, pains and illnesses. Since we are born to be expressive, repressing the emotions and keeping it all in is against our natural function."
- "If you feel fear, you also have its antidote right under your nose. Literally."
- "There’s no shame in feeling fear - we all feel it."
- “I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened.” - Mark Twain
Stay Connected with Little Wisdom
Thanks for tuning in! If you found something of value, subscribe to the show and leave us a review on Apple podcasts. Also join Little Wisdom on Instagram to keep engaging and stay up to date. Stay wise!