Here’s How to Succeed at Your New Year Resolutions
January 05, 2022
It’s a new year, and you have resolutions to prove it. But are you going to make them stick, especially since less than half of the people succeed at their resolutions 6 months into the new year? We explore why that happens, and how to make sure that you are on the successful side of that statistic, and what the ancient Babylons and Julius Caesar have to do with all of this.
- Ancient Babylons, Julius Caesar and Pope Gregory XIII’s contribution to “the new year.”
- Why resolutions fail according to Psychotherapist Jonathan Alpert
- How to set yourself up for success
- Clear goals
- Are you being realistic about what you can achieve?
- Writing them and Forbes’ Mark Murphy on the “generation effect” and the neuroscience behind this
Quotes of Wisdom:
- “Aim lower if you eventually wanna go higher. No shame is starting small than starting nothing at all.”
- “Consistency makes raindrops create holes in the rock. What is difficult can be done easily with regular attendance, attention and action.”
- “People who very vividly describe or picture their goals are anywhere from 1.2 to 1.4 times more likely to successfully accomplish their goals than people who don’t.”
Stay Connected with Little Wisdom
Thanks for tuning in! If you found something of value, subscribe to the show and leave us a review on Apple podcasts.Take care and stay wise!