Why Do We Fall in Love?
February 02, 2022
Love. One emotion to rule them all. Love has started wars, uplifted, and destroyed. It has the power to pour water over all your plans, or it can build where there was nothing before. We love love but sometimes we hate it! Today we briefly explore the origins of Valentines day, our first interaction with love as babies, the chemicals responsible for those nervous exciting feelings, and one question you should ask yourself.
- Origins of Valentines day related to the Pagan festival, Lupercalia where women were whipped with the skin and blood of an animal sacrifice
- Another origin story with a bold and defiant Father Valentine who would marry young lovers in secret against the wishes the Emperor Claudius II
- Psychologist Dr Beverly Palmer on our need fulfillment as babies and how it forms our idea of love as adults
- Relationship expert Kevin Darne on whether “opposites attract” is true
- What happens in our brains when we are attracted to someone
- Do you love yourself?
Stay Connected with Little Wisdom
Thanks for tuning in! If you found something of value, subscribe to the show and leave us a review. Take care and stay wise!