How to Harness the Power of Benevolent Selfishness, with Maggie Langrick
January 18, 2023
Welcome to season 2! In this solo episode, host Maggie Langrick takes a deep dive into what The Selfish Gift actually means and explores what she calls "benevolent selfishness": The idea that the contribution we are best suited to give to the world is also the thing that can bring us the most joy and material rewards, as well. If you've consistently put yourself in the backseat of your life, if you've been making excuses to avoid investing in your dreams, and if you've been too afraid of criticism to put your work out there, listen in for some liberation. You'll learn:
- Why selflessness isn't all that virtuous—and how it can be damaging to both you and your relationships.
- Why doing what you love can actually be your greatest service to humanity.
- Why women often fall into the trap of abandoning themselves and their dreams due to their fear of "seeming selfish."
- Why selfishness isn't actually antithetical to generosity or altruism.
- The key question to ask yourself in order to figure out what your true purpose is.
For more, check out: