E01: A Journey Back to Self: The Podcast Adventure Begins
May 01, 2022
Tarek has created a place for us to come together and have conversations that matter. In today’s inspirational stream of consciousness episode, Tarek freely shares THAT very personal conversation about the trauma he experienced during his formative years, how he came to own his story, his journey to find himself and understand his value, and more. This is a mask aside, gloves off venture into a vulnerable human spirit.
Please like, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast.
- The fear of creating this podcast caused anxiety deeply rooted in the trauma-based belief that he needed to be perfect to be accepted.
- He just wanted to be himself in a world where everyone has preconceived ideas about who he should be.
- He was a Barbie girl who didn’t want to play sports.
- What it feels like to truly own your story.
- How he made himself invisible to keep a roof over his head.
- The guilt and gaslighting that shaped his teenage years.
- He reminds himself not to apologize for his story.
- In the past he felt his value came from what he could be for other people.
- His fear of loss.
- His Gods, Guides, and Ancestors (GGA).
- Working with ADHD.
- Why a podcast? Because he changes in front of a camera and he doesn’t need to be anyone but himself.
Join the community!:
THAT Convo Pod
@thatconvopod on Instagram
Connect with Tarek:
@itstarekali on Instagram
@itstarekali on Twitter
Tarek Ali on Youtube
@itstarekali on TikTok