Whether we like it or not, childhood wounding leaks into our adult relationships. And, without therapy or healing work we are at the mercy of the trauma we grew up with because we are always searching for love. In this episode, Tarek is joined by Taylor, an indispensable friend from college, who is still grieving a breakup. During their conversation, Tarek and Taylor discuss how to find purpose, the importance of self-care, eliminating judgment, and THAT it is perfectly okay to be sad. Even if you have done the work or are in a loving relationship, you will identify with this heart-to-heart conversation.
Please like, rate, review, and subscribe to this podcast.
- Taylor was a vital part of Tarek’s college experience.
- Childhood traumas can make us go back to toxic relationships.
- Taylor jumped into a new relationship before she was completely healed from her last breakup.
- Tarek admits he was a clown during Fright Fest.
- Talent plus passion equals your purpose.
- Our boundaries are strongest when we are in a secure place.
- Finding the right therapist is like dating.
- Self-care is taking the action to give yourself what you need.
- Sadness creates a vacuum where we will do anything just to feel something.
- Taylor does the “I feel” exercise which opens up her childhood wounds.
- Tarek shares his lessons on healing.
- There is absolutely nothing wrong with being sad.
- Learning to say I love you from a distance.
- Tarek recommends the healing words of Sarah Jake Roberts.
- Taylor yearns for a place to worship, either online or in person.
- No one can take away our light.
National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233
Join the community!:
THAT Convo Pod
@thatconvopod on Instagram
Connect with Tarek:
@itstarekali on Instagram
@itstarekali on Twitter
Tarek Ali on YouTube
@itstarekali on TikTok
Videos of Tarek & Taylor