Episode 6: Navigating toddlerhood with Mandy Richardson: brain development, setting boundaries, biting, sharing, risky play, screen time and effective play spaces
July 26, 2022
Brief summary of episode:
- Mother, Unrefined moments – mum rage and a little father unrefined moment from Jess's husband.
- We speak to Mandy Richardson from Raise Toddlers whose mission is to help you help your toddler, while staying sane!
- Mandy’s journey to founding Raise Toddlers
- What age is a child considered a toddler?
- Are the terrible two’s real?
- Toddler boundaries and communicating with your toddler
- What to do with biters?
- When toddlers say no to EVERYTHING!
- Risky Play. What is it and what are some ways for us to implement it. Letting go of the helicopter parent tag.
- Independent Play. How to best nurture independent play.
- Screen time for kids – the ins and outs and ways to transition out of screentime.
- Play spaces. Optimising your toddlers play space without having to buy new toys for your toddler. Mandy also offers a playroom/ toy storage service as well as options for age-appropriate toys here
- Sharing – when kids start learning the concept of sharing.
Raise toddlers website and membership options here
Follow Raise Toddlers on Instagram here
Follow us at @mother_unrefined to find out more! And feel free to have a little stalk sesh... @the__unrefinednutritionist @j.oc__