036 - Peanut butter & jealousy! You’d be a better cyclist, if you’d started on a BMX. (Andy Erickson, Tucson BMX)
April 17, 2023
Mountain Cog - Joshua Anderson & Mike Festerling
In this week’s episode, the boys are joined by Andy “Floyd” Erickson who runs the ‘Tucson BMX’ racetrack in southern Arizona. Throughout the conversation the crew uncovers many interesting topics including:
- How BMX turns out great multi-discipline cyclists.
- The evolution of BMX components and geometry over time and how they compare to mountain bikes.
- The construction, maintenance, and management of a BMX racetrack.
- The national BMX race scene.
- Great stories and anecdotes of BMX racing and freestyle riding.
Floyd is a solid guy with a big heart and deep passion for racing and riding bikes. You’ll enjoy hearing about him, his track, and his perspectives.
Check out these links…
Tucson BMX Track
Notable Tucson BMX Racers
HT Pedals: https://www.ht-components.com/product
Mountain Cog Podcast...