Ep 1: UPC Basics - Part 1
July 27, 2023
In our first episode of You, me & the UPC, our patent litigation experts, Naomi Hazenberg and Charlie French, provide an overview of the new UPC system, which opened its doors on 1 June 2023.
- What does the UPC bring to the European patent litigation landscape?
- Which countries will participate in the UPC, now and in the future?
- Which patents are covered by the new system (and which are not)?
- Differences between the new unitary patent and “classic” European patents.
- The transitional period: opt-out strategies and early opt-out figures.
Looking for episode 2? Find it here
If you have any feedback, questions, or comments, please email us at email@example.com.
Find all the episodes as we release them here. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
All information was correct at the time of recording.