Diverse & Inclusive Leaders Podcast by DIAL Global
“Almost everyone who’s disabled either haven’t figured out they need to get workarounds, or they need to start developing a plan for it”. Pete Denman, User Experience, Design Researcher at Intel
September 09, 2021
Leila McKenzie-Delis/Pete Denman
Leila is joined by Pete Denman, User Experience, Design Researcher at Intel.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU WILL LEARN ABOUT –
- Pete’s day to day- thinking of himself as a creative thinker and technologist.
- Pete’s dyslexic journey, seeking creative ways to get around education and only just barely graduating school.
- His story from the age of 20 years old, how he navigated breaking his neck in a diving accident which left him paralysed and, in a wheelchair.
- Pete’s ability to identify with Stephen Hawking at a deeper level and to offer simple solutions based on his own personal experiences.
- Being an advocate for people with disabilities.
RESOURCES & INFORMATION MENTIONED