AI and the Future of Work
Matt K. Parker, author and engineering leader, discusses how radical enterprises are defining the future of work
April 11, 2022
Matt K. Parker
Matt K. Parker, author and engineering leader formerly at Pivotal Labs, profiled 13 collaborative work cultures in his book A Radical Enterprise. They're devolving control to employees and rethinking traditional organizational structures to give teams unprecedented levels of freedom. Not surprisingly, they're more successful than their peers.
Listen and learn:
- What is a radical enterprise and what is radical collaboration?
- Why do employees do better work when they have freedom to define their own rules?
- What are the benefits of embracing the concepts of self-organizing and self-managing teams?
- Why do traditional performance management techniques like annual reviews create implicit threats in the workplace that demotivate employees?
- What does it mean to make every employee "a company of one"?
- Why, according to Deming, "a bad system will beat a good employee every time."
References in this episode: