AI and the Future of Work
Mahesh Ram, CEO of Solvvy (acquired by Zoom), discusses the future of conversational AI for customer service
May 22, 2022
Mahesh Ram, founder and CEO of Solvvy, set out to "give everyone back time". His company was recently acquired by Zoom to improve customer experiences using conversational AI. Mahesh was inspired by his work using speech recognition to improve business English learning at Global English. Solvvy was founded in 2015 and has raised funding from an exceptional group of investors including previous "AI and the Future of Work" guest Rory O'Driscoll from Scale Venture Partners.
Listen and learn...
- About the three waves of chatbot technology
- Why "more deflection" doesn't need to translate into "lower satisfaction"
- How Calm uses Solvvy to deliver automated customer service
- Why AI based on semantic similarity is better than traditional scripted chatbots
- Why "putting the user first" and "not hiding the live agent" is essential for gaining consumer trust in chatbots
- How to address latent bias in data used to train AI models
- Why bots will never replace live agents
References in this episode...