AI and the Future of Work
Mel Engle, CEO of Predictive Oncology, shares how AI is curing cancer
December 12, 2021
Mel Engle, executive and cancer survivor, has spent more than 30 years in and around the intersection of healthcare and technology. He's now the CEO of Predictive Oncology using AI and patient data to develop personalized cancer treatments. Mel discusses how research from Carnegie Mellon is being commercialized to accelerate the future of healthcare.
Listen and learn...
- How Mel and his team have turned cancer detection and prevention into a data problem.
- How to use AI to figure out which tumor types can be healed by which chemical compounds to reduce the time required to develop new cancer treatments.
- How to mitigate the impact of bias in patient data when using AI to make high-stakes decisions.
- How long before AI will be more accurate at detecting cancer than human doctors.
- What's ahead for AI in healthcare for the next decade.
References in this episode: