The Selling Podcast
STOP SELLING TO EVERYONE... TURN AWAY CUSTOMERS!
April 07, 2021
Mike Williams and Scott Schlofman
When you are not actively turning away customers, you are not qualifying enough. Know what customers you should say yes to and which ones you should turn away. Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Identify you target market and stay within that focus.
- Qualify people with the right value and financial set.
- Work with people who you want to work with. Bad reviews will do more harm than any financial benefit of working with someone you are not excited to work with.
- Fire customers who are draining time and not adding to revenue. A service project is good every now and again but not make up 80% of your business.
- Have a review with someone in the company to review your customers. Outside perspective will help you keep a fresh view on your customers.
- Have the longer term view. Don't accept all customers now because you can. You should not have everyone. Be more selective earlier.
- Ask for referrals for people that you want to work with. Typically people do business with those they like and they will be doing business with people they like. Likeminded temperments typically hangout together.
Please reach out to use if you want to be a part of the conversation or if you think we are missing something.