KEVIN "KD" DORSEY; "STOP MANIPULATING AND START INFLUENCING"
August 11, 2021
If you don't know Kevin Dorsey (he goes by KD), you should! His enthusiasm and insights are spot on. He is a master at his craft and teaches skills that can change your life. We loved this episode and what we were taught.
KD perfectly explains many of the common gaps that we face. Here are some key takeaways...
- What do you say when a client says, "I am using..."? Do you reply, "good, okay, perfect..."? If you are like most sales reps, you do! But affirming the customer's current solution isn't your job!
- KD's coaching point; "In order to sell something new you have to "un-sell" them on what they have."
- Reinforcing the pain and uncertainty customer is experiencing.
We do so much discovery early on and we drop the original problem and the sale stalls. Keep bringing up the reason and problem up throughout the sales process.
- Remind people why they need to change and not just why they should purchase the solution.
- Practicing in the mirror is wrong because you use too much body language in a virtual world. Instead, try practicing with voice recording only.
There are so many great tips that help you achieve greatness.
KD's Patreon Page
Inside Sales Excellence