The Selling Podcast
SALES OPS VS SALES REPS - WITH KATELYN WILSON
November 03, 2021
Katelyn Wilson is a Program Manager in the Sales Operations division at Vivent
. In this episode we speak about the challenges between sales reps and sales ops. Why is there always contention?
Let's start the conversation with one thing... if you are rude to sales ops, you should be fired. Yes, you will have disagreements and frustrations. However, if you are cursing or belittling sales ops, you need to get out of sales! Pushing is fine but punishing is unforgivable.
Here are some of our key take-aways from this episode:
- Don't waste their time. There is a fine line between being friendly and talking too much. They still need to do a job and you need to get back selling.
- Remember some key pieces of their everyday life outside of work. Ask 1-2 questions and then move on to business.
- Being respectful allows more favors to fall your way.
- Selling has its complexities and so does the backend. Show mutual respect for their situations.
- REMEMBER THAT YOU WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY and you likely have the same desired outcomes. Find the maximizing solution and celebrate the victories.
We wanted to do an episode on sales ops and sales reps because too many times we find it an us vs them mentality. In reality, this should be the finest relationship in the company.
You have war-stories and we want to hear them. Please share with us the time when you had it out with sales ops!
Contact us at: