Show Summary: “Women have such delicate hormones. They experience shifts at different times that make them feel that their body is at war against them.”
Women are natural nurturers. They are great at multitasking, particularly in taking care of their children, working, and doing household chores. But as they age, they experience different issues in their bodies, such as weight gain, loss of libido, and loss of energy.
These issues cause mood changes, difficulty to stay in shape, and usually have crazy cravings. And it doesn't only happen with moms, even in single and younger women, which is quite alarming, especially for the younger generation.
In this episode, Juanique and Gina discuss the other possible reasons why you don't feel like yourself because of these shifts in your body, their personal experiences and how you can prevent it from happening. Listen as they talk about the program they created for you to heal yourself using the tools they have in the roadmap.
Be a part of The Gutsy Health Membership now
- There can be a time and a place for cardio, but from a hormone balance perspective, keeping it short and doing things like Yoga, Pilates, strength training might be a lot better.
- If your hormones are all over the place, you should take an honest look at your stress. If you're stressed, that's going to take priority, and all your other hormones will drop.
- Sleeping resets everything; it brings inflammation down.
Why do we gain weight and lose our libido as we age?
- I think for me, it was a combination of trying to heal my body from birth control, being under so much stress. I remember waking up in the morning, and I don't even feel like myself anymore. I don't feel positive anymore. And I was using caffeine and coffee to get me into a good mood.
How our hormones and organs work together
- The main ones that I'm thinking about are your sex hormones. You have your estrogen or progesterone, your testosterone. These hormones are like a symphony. Your estrogen, that's what's going to drive you for reproduction, that's what's going to support you to have sex & have a baby; that very juicy hormone there. Your testosterone is more like your metabolism.
What happens to your cortisol level when you're not sleeping?
- When you're not sleeping well, you will have a higher cortisol level in the morning.
- There's a research study where they deprived mice of sleep, and I can't remember how long it took. But after a certain amount of time, they all get diabetes.
What’s inside the Gutsy Health Membership?
- Gina and I have put together inside The Gutsy Health Membership these incredible units that deep dive into the dysfunctions, and we give you tools to help you become the expert in your own healing.
- Every month, each member is emailed a discount code to use on Provo health or Honestly Essential, so you get 10% off of everything all the time.