Show Summary: “When you improve gut health, you also improve dental health. Adding minerals back to our body helps heal the teeth.”
A beautiful set of teeth makes you more attractive and confident. And dentists have different ways to do that. One of those is dental amalgam or silver fillings. You can also buy toothpaste with high fluoride content everywhere because it can prevent cavities or tooth decay.
However, silver fillings and fluoride may not be the best solution to your tooth problem. Silver fillings have fifty percent mercury which is dangerous to your health, and fluoride makes your bones very brittle. Sadly, tooth decay is not the only dental issue that exists. Mouth structure can also be a dental health problem that can affect your breathing seriously.
In this episode with Dr. Michelle Jorgensen, an author, speaker, teacher, biologic/holistic dentist, and health and wellness provider, you'll find out why malnutrition is a reason for your child's inability to develop healthy teeth. Don't forget to share this with your friends and family for tips on how to understand and take care of your teeth better.
- Unfortunately, Fluoride makes the bones brittle, leading to higher rates of bone fracture.
- An unhealthy diet can lead to long skinny, narrow faces & noses during growth and developmental changes, making it very difficult to get air into our bodies.
- The tongue's job is to form the upper jaw. If the tongue is unable to go up because it's tied down to the floor of the mouth, the upper jaw then becomes narrow because it doesn't have the force of the tongue going up and spreading the job.
Dr. Michelle Jorgensen’s story
Dr. Michelle 1:39
- I was a general dentist, but I was getting worse and worse while I was taking great care of people. MRIs, doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, nobody could give me an answer. Until finally, I met another practitioner. He asked me if I had looked into mercury poisoning. He said, "It's the ones that you've been drilling out for the last 15 years with no protection, breathing it all in."
What are dental silver fillings made of?
Dr. Michelle 4:49
- The silver fillings have 50% percent mercury. If you have one today, it's 50% mercury. Everyone says silver is one of the lowest percentage ingredients, like 20% silver, 50% mercury.
What is Dr. Michelle's opinion on fluoride?
Dr. Michelle 21:01
- People started using fluoride because they found that societies with higher fluoride in their water suddenly had fewer cavities. But what they don't tell you is it also had an increased incidence of hyperfluorosis, which is this high fluoride level that also affects the bones and makes bones more brittle.
How does malnutrition affect your child's teeth development?
Dr. Michelle 32:22
- My son's teeth were so messed up when we adopted him. I found out that the maxilla, the upper jaw, is the first bone impacted by malnutrition. So his jaw didn't grow because he didn't have enough nutrition to help it grow.
Dr. Michelle Jorgensen LinkedIn
Total Care Dental