Welcome to our first Pathway Into Nursing (PIN) Podcast episode with Alexis Brimm Akins who is a Board-Certified Family Nurse Practitioner with 16 years of diverse clinical experience working in large academic medical centers as a Respiratory Therapist, Registered Nurse, and Nurse Practitioner. Alexis adds collegiate teaching to her diverse clinical expertise, as she serves as an adjunct faculty member at Holy Family University.
Alexis presently works as an advanced practice provider in an ambulatory care clinic designated to the urgent symptomatic treatment of patients with hematologic malignancies. She is passionate about educating herself, fellow providers, and patients on the latest evidenced based practices aimed at improving the quality of life of patients with cancer. She is currently enrolled in a Doctor of Nursing Practice program with a scholarly focus of increasing racial and ethnic diversity within clinical trials. She enjoys mentoring new to practice nurses and encouraging young women of color to enter STEM careers.
In her free time, she delights in spending quality time with her husband and three children.
1. Click the link to learn more about the Nurse Wellness Mentorship
2. Download your FREE Mindfulness E-Book at stressblueprint.com/35
3. Follow the Nurse Wellness Podcast on Facebook and Instagram
4. Join the Nurse Wellness Hub on Facebook
5. Email Nurse Wellness Podcast at firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Background music produced by DNMbeats