Dr. Janet A. Williams is a board-certified Nurse Midwife who currently works in full-scope municipal midwifery practice. She received her Doctorate from Wilkes University and her Masters's in Midwifery from SUNY Downstate. She has been a midwife for 18 years, has delivered more than 800 babies and cares for women from puberty to menopause. She continues to be awed by the strength of the women she serves. She holds an appointment from Columbia University as a clinical instructor for graduate level Midwifery students. Her daily interaction with medical students allows her to model how to deliver respectful care and guide them in their first birth experiences. They can observe what normal physiologic birth looks like as they join in as part of the birth team.
Dr. J is the founder of Transitions Women's Health Consulting, LLC, and believes that “babies should go home in their mother’s arms”. Health professionals should partner with women in their care, and advocate for families. She has authored a book to educate mothers about self-care and symptoms to report during the postpartum period entitled “Transitions 4th Trimester Journal …Transforming.”
She believes that we must connect with, listen to, and believe women. It’s a matter of life or death. These ideals have led her to create her signature program “BLACK Mothers Interrupted” which has launched her as a cutting-edge maternal health professional in educating providers of healthcare about implicit bias, and how it affects the care given to women.
1. Click the link to learn more about the REGISTER for the Stress Solution Series
2. Download your FREE Mindfulness E-Book at stressblueprint.com/35
3. Follow the Nurse Wellness Podcast on Facebook and Instagram
4. Join the Nurse Wellness Hub on Facebook
5. Email Nurse Wellness Podcast at email@example.com
6. Background music produced by DNMbeats
7. Stress Solution Series Commercial Voiceover by Alysia Rieves, CEO of Lave Homemade