*Erratum- HER-2 Breast cancer <2cm would benefit from an adjuvant regimen (such as trastuzumab and weekly paclitaxel) but typically neoadjuvant is given to 2cm or greater tumors or those that are node positive.
As always, citations, and sources include education from our respective training programs, the Devita textbook, and Uptodate.com. We highly encourage review of guidelines published by ASCO, ESMO and other organizations local to your practice.
DeVita, Vincent T., Jr., Theodore S. Lawrence, and Steven A. Rosenberg. Devita, Hellman, and Rosenberg's Cancer: Principles & Practice of Oncology. 10th edition. Philadelphia: Wolters Kluwer, 2015.
Uptodate.com Waltham, MA: Wolters Kluwer.
Some highlighted references recommended to read related to this specific episode:
1. Masuda N et al. NEJM. 2017;376(22):2147-2159. doi:10.1056/NEJMOA1612645/
2. Zaheed M et al. Cochrane. 2019;2019(2). doi:10.1002/14651858.CD012873.PUB2/
3. Cortes J et al. The Lancet. 2020;396(10265):1817-1828. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(20)32531-9
4. Cortes J et al. NEJM. 2022;387(3):217-226. doi:10.1056/NEJMOA2202809/
5. Miles D et al. Ann Oncol. 2021;32(8):994-1004. doi:10.1016/j.annonc.2021.05.801
6. Emens LA et al. Ann Oncol. 2021;32(8):983-993. doi:10.1016/j.annonc.2021.05.355
7. Schmid P et al. NEJM. 2022;386(6):556-567. doi:10.1056/NEJMOA2112651/
8. Schmid P et al. NEJM. 2020;382(9):810-821. doi:10.1056/NEJMOA1910549/
Talking about Tumors with Ryan and Ryann is not medical advice. We have received no funding in relation to the information discussed within this episode and have no financial conflicts of interest to disclose. All opinions are those of whoever stated them. We have compiled this podcast to serve as an introduction to the field of medical oncology for post-graduate trainees interested in the topic.
Hematology/Oncology, evidence based medicine, education, chemotherapy, immunotherapy, medical oncology