Philz Coffee founder, Jacob Jaber (aka the Caffeinated aSaaSin), on creating company culture one cup at a time
March 17, 2023
Jacob Jaber, Chairman and Co founder of Philz Coffee joins the show to talk about:
- The founder's story behind building one of the industry's most successful specialty coffee brands.
- Creating a culture of "Grandma's house hospitality" and a personalized approach to building product and delivering service to customers, one cup of coffee at a time.
- How Philz harnessed initial customer fandom and built the flywheel around the Phil's brand.
- The role of the Philz barista, finding and empowering great people to extend the culture you're creating.
- Competing against global coffee brands like Starbucks and Peets, disrupting the coffee space, and thinking big but acting small
- How a lost bag at an airport resulted in a game changing distribution deal with Virgin America.
- Jacob's focus as an investor and building companies and products that people have a personal relationship with.