Slayer shares some recent digressions from her health path and what it has inspired within her own spiritual journey. Leave inspired to find ways to create more Svadhyaya in your life.
Slayer continues to make the practice of yoga accessible and relatable to our every day lives. This episode gives us pause to consider how much time we are taking to study ourselves. Can we increase our joy by understanding who we truly are? Once again we dive into these big questions of life, in the midst of a weight loss quest and a heroes journey full of all the roadblocks and clues on the path one would expect. Here are the tips Slayer wraps up for us to start working on:
Steps to Svadhyaya
· Create some time for Self-Study and self-reflection in your day. Schedule it on your calendar. When you first wake up as part of your AM habit stack is great
· Choose a book, quotes or maybe a card deck to draw daily inspiration from and reflect, ask what the message is for you that day? What did you learn?
· Get a book about a topic that interests you that you haven’t started learning about
· Look for an online course about something you are interested in
· Choose some podcasts to listen to that will inspire you
· Open yourself up to your signs—start to explore your heart’s desire. Are you seeing the doors?
· Join a group with similar interests and goals
Here's a good place to start on your path of self discovery: FREE Heartsing Podcast Facebook Community Discuss the episodes, learn grow and share with other like minded women and join in the fun on Slayer LIVES!
Coach with Slayer (one space just opened)!
Click above to see if it's the right fit for you!
"I would love to be your Guide by your side." - Slayer
Slayer (Addie B) will start meditation instruction outside her private group soon, men and women! Jump on the mediation email list at Namaslayer.com to get on the list for one of the FREE intro talks to learn more!
Mentioned in this episode:
Meditations from the Mat: Daily Reflections on the Path of Yoga (by Rolf Gates)
Single Wide Female: The Bucket List Mega Bundle - 24 Books (Lilliana Blake)
The Sober Diaries: How one woman stopped drinking and started living (Clare Pooley)
5 AM Club, The: Own Your Morning. Elevate Your Life. (Robin Sharma)
The Artist's Way: 25th Anniversary Edition (Julia Cameron)
To Reference more on Patanjali and the Yoga Sutras:
The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (Sacred Teachings)
For the Chariot story about the King of Death and Nacheketa, Preya and Shreya
The Upanishads, 2nd Edition