This week's podcast is for every sex and age!
Nutrition therapist and exercise physiologist Nancy McElwain is talking about the benefits of whole food nutrition and how it helps heal the body by dealing with issues of individual systems as part of the whole. She also gives us advice on charging the body up to help deal with the aging process.
Among the topics are:
1. Holistic nutrition looks at the inter-connectiveness of things and how the body works as a whole and uses food to heal body issues by giving individual body systems what it needs.
2. Western medicine looks to heal symptoms while the holistic approach looks to solve the root cause.
3. The holistic approach is very simple and requires you to go back to the basics of nutrition, exercise, and lifestyle choices.
4. Stress management is key for your digestive process.
5. A lot of your neurotransmitters are made in your gut, including serotonin, your happy neurotransmitters.
6. A lot of your immune system surrounds your gut so there is a strong connection between them. Happy gut, happy body.
7. We are what we eat, we are what we eat eats. Basically what we eat and what it eats becomes part of us.
8. Nothing tastes as good as healthy feels.
9. Adding in whole foods gets you a long way, but some supplements help - Omega fats, B12, D, Vitamin C, Magnesium, and Zinc are among them.
10. During menopause, it is very important to support the adrenals and the liver and the jobs they do. Clean eating is key.
11. Eating healthy is not a pass-fail. Anything you can do better your nutrition is a win.
Nancy is leading a 5 Day Whole Food Detox April 12-16. She provides the detox plan, meal plan, shopping list, guidance/support. Sign up at this link: https://renewnutritiononline.com/services/
Nancy also provides many other services that are listed at that same link.
If you would like to contact Nancy to discuss her services and/or have questions, she can be reached at:
nancy.mcelwain.com - 970-666-1174
Her website with further information is: https://renewnutritiononline.com/
Nancy has also forwarded me a great article on Vitamin D if you would like to read: https://www.emersonecologics.com/blog/post/vitamin-d-deficiency
Thank you so much for listening - i
Find me on my Website:
Want to talk to me about your specific health journey? Need some help, someone to listen, to understand, and to give you some practical strategies for better health starting today?
Book a Call with me!
Questions? Email me: email@example.com
FREE Guide: 4 Steps To Prioritize Your Health & Wellness This Week (And Actually Do It!)
Connect with me on Instagram:
Get the Redesigning Midlife Updates
Find your community at the private Redesigning Midlife Facebook Group
Get your MENO WELL bars (formerly Bossa Bars) - Use LESLEY10 for 10% off your first order
Check out Kion and get the Redesigning Midlife Discount - 20% off subscriptions and 10% off individual orders.
Need a good, reliable, clean, and professional Plumber?
Call 1-Tom-Plumber - The Name Is The Phone Number