Presently, Tove Selnes holds the position of Executive Vice President-People at Storebrand ASA. She is also on the board of SPP Fonder AB and SKAGEN AS. Until last year, she held the position as chairwoman of the board at HR Norge.
She previously was Chief Human Resources Officer of Opera Software/now Otello Corp. ASA, Director of Human Resources for Eltel Networks AS, and Manager of Human Resources at Avinor AS.
Tove' s take-home tips:
- Building an inclusive culture takes time but is extremely worth it to attract, retain and develop employees and achieve ambitious goals, learn and innovate.
In this episode, Tove and I explore the questions and issues around the following:
- How did the pandemic and lockdowns affect the employees at your company?
- How do you define psychological safety?
- What are some of the key elements of psychological safety?
- How does inclusiveness look like at your company?
- What are specific tools that managers can use to encourage inclusiveness?
- What are three common biases that can be addressed?
- How do you encourage and invite quieter team members to contribute to the discussion?
- How important is a feedback culture?
- How does the feedback cultural look like at Storebrand?
- What advice would you give to a manager as to how to give feedback to an oversensitive person?
- What does the hybrid model look like at Storebrand?
- How do you personally recover from setbacks and fine resilience?
- What advice would you give to young professionals and new leaders?
S1 E9: Leadership, Resilience & Transformation. Interview with Agnes Cserhati.
S2 E9: How to Foster Psychological Safety, Diversity & Feedback Culture: Interview with Kristin Omreng, Global HR Director at PGS
S2 E19: How to Give Feedback: Learning to Communicate Directly & Diplomatically.
Morten Madsen's contact information:
Web: Storebrand ASA
CONNECT WITH ME: Soaring to New Health
We're talking Medicare Stars– what it is, why it’s important, challenges & strategies.
Listen on: Apple Podcasts SpotifySupport the show
Sign up for the weekly IT'S AN INSIDE JOB NEWSLETTER
- takes 5 seconds to fill out
- receive a fresh update every Wednesday